Monday, October 19, 2009

Sausage Shepherd's Pie

So I call this a Shepherd's pie simply because it's topped with mashed potatoes, so don't send me comments challenging my cultural or historic accuracy, okay? :) 

Makes 6 servings
350 calories per serving

4 Sausageless (soy) Sausage links (They're really good, I swear!)
2c fresh carrots, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1c frozen peas
1c fresh yellow onion, diced
1 TBS oil
1 can cream of celery soup (98% fat free)
2 cans cream of mushroom soup (98% fat free)
1 1/4 c (1 soup can) fat free milk
1 tsp poulty seasoning
1/2 tsp garlic salt

6 servings instant mashed potatoes prepared according to package directions

In a large skillet, cook the vegetables in the oil until tender.  Add the sliced (bite-sized) saugage links and continue cooking until browned.  Add the soup and milk, along with the seasoning and mix well.  After dishing the mixture into 6 equal servings, top with one serving of the mashed potatoes.  Optional: brown potatoes under the broiler in the oven.  Be sure to use an oven safe dish.  TIP: I make these almost every weekend.  I store them in 2-cup wide mouthed mason jars with plastic lids in the refidgerator.  My husband and I just dump the contents in a bowl and heat it in the microwave when we need a quick homemade dinner that's low in calories.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment